Monday, March 4, 2013

Pepperoni Rolls


This is a super easy & kid friendly recipe that my family loves! I personally do not make my own dough for this recipe because I think the store dough is much easier to work with! This recipe was given to me from a friend's mom who made these for a restaurant.
Ingredients:
3 lbs of White Bread Dough Frozen
1 lb of Mozzarella/Provolone or Italian Blend Cheese
1 lb of Sandwich Pepperoni  
Marinara Sauce
You can add other ingredients such as ham, sautéed onions, Feta, etc. I usually only use the Pepperoni & cheese for this roll. For Calzones I add more ingredients.

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 375
Lay out your frozen bread dough on a baking sheet. They don't usually stick so I don't put anything under it to prevent sticking. Depending on the weather etc. it will take up to 6 hours to unfreeze & rise slightly. So do not let it rise too much as it will make rolling it out harder. Make sure to loosely cover the frozen dough with plastic wrap.

Frozen

After 6 hours

Prepare the area you will be rolling out your dough with plenty of flour. Also make sure to flour your rolling pin so the dough will not stick. I also use a bowl or anything round to cut out my dough.

If you don't have a cutting board use a clean countertop. I have also used a large cup for rolling my dough (which makes it harder but it works)
 Cut about a 1/4 off of dough from one loaf.


Don't roll the dough too thin or it will tear when you add your ingredients &/or roll the rolls up.


As you can see from the above picture I use a bowl to create the circle. Simply put the bowl down, press & cut with a sharp knife.


Add your pepperoni then cheese! As stated above you can modify the ingredients if you wish!

Roll it up & tuck the ends as seen in the above picture! Place them on a baking sheet about 4 inches apart depending on how big you made your rolls. Remember as they bake they will expand.
Bake on 375 for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Baking time will depend on how large the rolls are & your oven.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Facebook

BannerFans.com

Pinterest

BannerFans.com

Twitter

BannerFans.com